The Department of Transport and Main Roads has advised that ecological surveying for the Six Mile Bridge #7 replacement project will begin in early June 2021 and will take approximately two weeks to complete, weather permitting.
Residents in the area will be notified and should expect the following while works are underway:
- Night works undertaken between 5pm and midnight, Monday to Friday.
- Day works undertaken between 5am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- The works will occur over three days and two nights across the two-week period.
- Night works will include spotlighting and call playback (playing of a pre-recorded call over a loudspeaker for five minutes followed by ten minutes of listening and spotlighting)
- Day works will include vegetation condition assessments and habitat surveys.
- In stream works will include water quality sampling and aquatic fauna surveys, which will include equipment left in the creek overnight.
- Residents will be notified that access to the creek will be restricted to themselves and stock during daytime sampling due to survey techniques.
- Equipment will also be in place along the creek for two weeks to record frog calls.
If you have any questions or emails, you can email the Department of Transport and Main Roads using firstname.lastname@example.org.