Please find a summary below of essential links and contacts to assist you during this time. For any further enquiries, please contact our office on 5319 3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For a printable version please click here – COVID-19 – GO TO SHEET – 27.03.20
Federal Government COVID-19 page – www.australia.gov.au
Queensland Government COVID-19 page – www.covid19.qld.gov.au
Noosa Council COVID-19 page – www.noosa.qld.gov.au/covid-19
NATIONAL CORONAVIRUS LINE 1800 020 080
- For advice on how to seek medical help or get tested for coronavirus (COVID-19) you can contact your state or territory health authority, or call the coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline on 1800 020 080 at any time.
MENTAL HEALTH, SAFETY & SUPPORT
- If anyone is in immediate danger call 000.
- If you are experiencing domestic violence, please contact 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732). You can also contact MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978 and the Men’s Referral Service on 1300 789 978.
- For personal crisis and mental health support services you can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue on 1800 512 348 at any time.
- Kids Helpline is a free service for young people aged 5 to 25. Kids, teens and young adults can call 1800 551 800 at any time.
- For financial counselling, including advice on managing debt, contact the free and confidential National Debt Helpline by calling 1800 007 007. You can also visit MoneySmart for advice to help you manage your money.
- Those on a low income may be eligible to apply for a ‘No Interest Loan’. For more information and details on how to apply, call 13 64 57 or visit Good Shepherd Microfinance.
- For information on JobSeeker payments, other income support payments and Centrelink services call Centrelink Employment Services on 13 28 50. To register your interest, please go to: https://www.ato.gov.au/Job-keeper-payment/
- For the ATO Customer Service Line, call 13 28 61.
- The Australian Tax Office offers a range of support and assistance to businesses and individuals effected by COVID-19, as well as other disasters such as bushfires, droughts and floods. You can contact the ATO Emergency Support Infoline on 1800 806 218.
SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS AND HOUSEHOLDS
- For national emergency relief services, including food, clothing, vouchers or help with bills, contact your local arm of The Salvation Army or St Vincent De Paul.
- You can also find support from one of 196 Commonwealth-funded emergency relief providers through the Department of Social Service’s Service Directory.
- For income support for individuals and households call 132 850. The Jobseeker allowance will be available for eligible workers who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19, including permanent workers, sole traders, casual employees, self-employed and contract workers.
- For more information please go to: https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/households
- For Centrelink assistance please go to: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/affected-coronavirus-covid-19
SUPPORT FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH A DISABILITY
- For National Disability Insurance Scheme enquiries, including service requests, plan and support changes and assistance, complaints, escalations and review requests, call 1800 800 110.
- For the Disability Information Helpline call 1800 643 787.
COMMUNITY RECOVERY HOTLINE – 1800 173 349
The Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors has activated the hotline to support Queenslanders in home quarantine who do not have the capacity to look after themselves or have family or friends to assist.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SUPPORT – 1800 811 811
DV CONNECT – 1800 811 811
1800 RESPECT – 1800 737 732
EMERGENCY ACCOMMODATION – 1800 474 753
Homelessness Hotline: 1800 474 753
HOME CONFINEMENT DIRECTIVE – 13 43 25 84
ENFORCEMENT PENALTIES – 131 444
Qld Police can now issue on the spot fines for breaches of the Chief Health Officer’s directives regarding self-isolation, mass gathering, border restrictions, non-essential business activity, masking wearing and private residence gatherings and parties. If a person does not comply with quarantine directions, penalties of up to $13,345 for individuals and $66,672.50 for corporations may apply. Officers can also issue on the spot fines of $1334.50 for individuals and $6,672.50 for corporations which fail to abide by the health directions. Police will continue to conduct compliance checks to ensure non-essential businesses are adhering to closure directions and social distancing.
SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT – 1300 654 687
- For COVID-19 support measures and information for small and medium businesses call business.gov.au on 13 28 46
- Qld government is providing Immediate Industry Recovery Package which includes payroll tax return deferral and Support for Tourism operation and Hospitality Providers. https://www.qld.gov.au/about/industry-recovery
- Qld Rural and Industry Development Authority will be offering concessional loans up to $250,000 to businesses to retain staff. http://www.qrida.qld.gov.au/current-programs/covid-19-business-support/queensland-covid19-jobs-support-scheme or call 1800 623 946
- Small Business Support – https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/support/novel-coronavirus
- Federal government stimulus package includes: https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus
- Increasing the Instant Assets Write-Off; Backing Business Investment; Boosting cash flow for employers; Supporting apprentices and trainees; and Assistance for affected regions, communities and industries. https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business
- Support for Sole Traders – https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/what-support-is-available-to-your-business
- Support for Businesses – https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/businesses
- Supporting the Flow of Credit – https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/business-investment
- Noosa Council Business support – https://www.noosa.qld.gov.au/business-covid-19
BUSINESS CLOSURES AND RESTRICTIONS – 13 74 68
For more information please go to:
PUBLIC TRANSPORT – 13 23 80
Public transport is still operating as a prepaid cashless service only, however all non-essential travel should be avoided. To apply for or to top up your ‘go card’ please go to: www.tmr.qld.gov.au/onlineservices
TRAVEL ADVICE – 1300 555 135
Australian borders are now closed except for Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members returning home. All arrivals into Australia are required to self-isolate for 14 days, either at home or in a hotel.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL ADVICE
Smart Traveller: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/COVID-19-australian-travellers
STATE TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
Many States have also chosen to close their borders for all non-essential travel, please check their website for the most up to date information: https://www.qld.gov.au/about/newsroom/queensland-border-restrictions
- Western Australia: https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-the-premier-and-cabinet/coronavirus-covid-19-western-australian-government-response
- South Australia: https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/emergencies-and-safety/types/human-disease
- ACT: https://health.act.gov.au/about-our-health-system/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
- Northern Territory: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/
- NSW: https://preview.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
- TAS: http://www.premier.tas.gov.au/releases/nation_leading_border_restrictions_to_protect_tasmanians
- VIC: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
GENERAL HEALTH ADVICE – 13 43 25 84
Please stay up to date via the Qld Health website www.health.qld.gov.au/coronavirus or contact 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) for the most recent advice, and be mindful of Facebook shares from unknown sources.
A number of businesses are advising of extra demand on services including NBN. Telstra will be posting updates as available via https://exchange.telstra.com.au/coronavirus/
QLD HEALTH – 13 43 25 84
CENTRELINK – 132 850
CORONAVIRUS HEALTH NATIONAL INFORMATION LINE – 1800 020 080
TELEHEALTH – 1800 066 888
COMMUNITY RECOVERY HOTLINE – 1800 173 349
AUSTRALIAN RED CROSS – 1800 733 276
LIFELINE – 13 11 14
THE SALVATION ARMY – 13 72 58
ST VINCENT DE PAUL – 1800 846 643
DV CONNECT – 1800 811 811
1800 RESPECT – 1800 737 32
ECQ – Electoral Commission Queensland – 1300 881 665