The ECQ has extended pre-polling (or early voting) hours from 9am–9pm on 18, 19, 25 & 26 Mar; Fri 20 & Sat 21 March is open from 9.00-5.00pm. Next week all early voting centres will be open from 9.00am – 6.00pm except 25 & 26 (9.00am -9.00pm). Early voting locations are located at:
- Bushlands Shopping Centre, 6 Swanbourne Way, Noosaville
- Cooroy Uniting Church Hall, 51 Maple Street, Cooroy
POLLING BOOTH OPENING TIMES
EARLY VOTING CENTRES
Monday 16/03/20 – 9am – 5pm
Tuesday 17/03/20 – 9am – 5pm
Wednesday 18/03/20 – 9am – 9pm
Thursday 19/03/20 – 9am – 9pm
Friday 20/03/20 – 9am – 5pm
Saturday 21/03/20 – 9am – 5pm
Monday 23/03/20 – 9am – 6pm
Tuesday 24/03/20 – 9am – 6pm
Wednesday 25/03/20 – 9am – 9pm
Thursday 26/03/20 – 9am – 9pm
Friday 27/03/20 – 9am – 6pm
ELECTION DAY – POLLING BOOTHS
Saturday 28/03/20 – 8am – 6pm
On election day, Sat 28th March – the following polling booths will be open from 8am – 6pm:
- Cootharaba Sailing Club, 24 Boreen Parade, BOREEN POINT
- Cooran State School, 31 James Street, COORAN
- Noosa District State High School, 2 Tulip Street, COOROY
- Federal State School, 40 Middle Creek Road, FEDERAL
- Kin Kin State School, 26 ‐ 32 Main Street, KIN KIN
- Sunshine Beach State School, Bicentennial Drive, SUNSHINE BEACH
- Noosa Baptist Church, 1 Lake Weyba Drive, NOOSAVILLE
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church,115 Eumundi Road, NOOSAVILLE
- Peregian Beach Community Kindergarten, 13 Rufous Street, PEREGIAN BEACH
- Pomona Memorial School of Arts Hall, 6 Reserve Street, POMONA
- Tewantin State School, Goodwin Street, TEWANTIN
- Tinbeerwah Hall, 1 Sunrise Road, TINBEERWAH
Polling booth locations may be subject to change. Please check the ECQ website for updated information or phone 1300 881 665.
Health advice for voters:
- Voters are encouraged to bring your own pencil or pen, however pencils will be available at polling booths
- Hand sanitiser will be available for voters and polling officials, however it’s wise to carry some of your own ‘just in case’!
- Additional cleaning of polling booth areas will be undertaken to ensure all surfaces are regularly disinfected
- Polling officials will be monitoring the number of people in attendance at booths to make sure there are fewer than 500 people present at any one time.
- Vote issuing tables and polling screens will be positioned to maximise distance between all people in attendance, based on the space constraints of the polling booths.
- ECQ will be employing additional staff to assist with managing queues and to help people cast their vote in the most efficient manner. This includes ensuring that high risk members of the public, such as elderly people, receive additional assistance.
- Telephone voting is available for a number of eligible voter sectors, including anyone who has been advised by a medical practitioner to remain in isolation, our elderly and as of this morning, could be extended to those self-isolating (waiting on written confirmation) Please call 1300 912 782 to check eligibility for telephone voting.
- If you are feeling unwell, please follow Queensland Health advice regarding contact with other people and consider telephone voting (number above) during the two-week early voting period.
Remember, voting is compulsory. If you have any questions, please contact the ECQ on 1300 881 665 or head to their website: www.ecq.qld.gov.au.