The following update regarding the widening works scheduled for Kin Kin Road has been provided by the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR):
The works will be undertaken in four stages with the first stage of works starting from the northern end of Kin Kin Road to just past Williams Road, Kin Kin. Site establishment works started in June 2022 with stage one construction works to start in late June 2022, weather and construction scheduling permitting. Stage 1 works include:
- Vegetation clearing.
- Road widening.
- Culvert replacement.
- Asphalt works.
- Driveway access modifications within the stage one project area. Residents will be provided with advance notice of any intermittent property access restrictions.
- We are expecting higher truck movements with the asphalt and earthworks. TMR will strive to balance impacts to the community and motorists using the road network during these busier times.
- TMR is aware school buses utilise the Kin Kin range and is committed to working closely with these services to minimise delays and impacts.
- Traffic controllers, automated traffic signals, reduced speed limits, road signage and variable message signs will be in place to advise of the changed traffic conditions and to ensure motorist and roadworker safety.
- Motorists can expect delays when single lane closures and traffic management are implemented in the work zones.
- Majority of works will be undertaken during the day from Monday to Friday between 6am and 6pm.
The image below indicates the location of Stage 1.
We will continue to provide updates as construction progresses.