The Queensland Government is reviewing the Fraser Island Dingo Conservation and Risk Management Strategy Implementation Plan in partnership with Butchulla Aboriginal Corporation.
Visitors to K’gari are reminded to at all times:
• Always stay close (within arm’s reach) of children and young teenagers
• Always walk in groups
• Camp in fenced areas where possible
• Do not run. Running or jogging can trigger a negative dingo interaction
• Never feed dingoes
• Lock up food stores and iceboxes (even on a boat)
• Never store food or food containers in tents, and
• Secure all rubbish, fish and bait.
For more information click here.