In response to concerns raised regarding reimbursement for vehicle damages incurred along Pomona–Kin Kin Road, the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) have advised the following.

If you have suffered damage or loss from an incident on the road and you believe TMR is responsible, you can submit a claim for compensation. All claims need to be in writing and must include full details of the incident along with any supporting documents, including photographs or information.

A claim must be submitted on a Notice of Incident and Claim Form – Property Damage, which is available from the Queensland Government website at or by searching ‘Make a claim for property damage’. The website also provides important information you will need regarding the claims process. Once the form is completed, it can be emailed to